From Screening to Streaming – BFS Online responding to the pandemic
Along with other community cinemas and film societies, we are partnering with YourScreen to bring you a fantastic programme of world cinema into your living room. Most of it new to the UK and not available on other streaming platforms.
By choosing to get your world cinema fix via YourScreen, you will also be supporting BFS as we get a share of every ticket sold using our Promo Code. As a thank you for supporting us, you will get 25% off each ticket purchase by entering your Promo Code at checkout.
This partnership does not affect our decision to suspend the collection of membership subscriptions until the NFTS cinema reopens.
How It Works
- Browse the Current Season. For March/April, the BFS selection committee have selected six films from YourScreen’s programme.
- Each film has a limited season so be aware of the start/end date
- Films can be purchased ahead of the available date listed
- Once you start watching a film you have 48 hours to finish
- When you’re ready to buy your ticket, click Book tickets and then Watch £9.99. If Book Tickets does not open a new window, check the top RHS of your screen as there maybe a message stating ‘pop-up blocked’. Please select the option to ‘Allow pop-ups from this site’. This is quite normal the first time you visit a new website, and is a security check.
- You will need to open an account with YourScreen the first time you Watch a film, your browser will remember your details after that. Details on how to do this can be found at How to Stream the Films.
- After selecting Watch, enter the Promo code BFSYSS2 and watch the price magically change!
- Enjoy the film. You can use your computer, laptop, tablet or smartphone, or go to the YourScreen FAQ for help on watching films on your television using Chromecast or an HDMI cable (see section ‘Can I watch films on my television?’).
To find out more about the scheme, go to watch.yourscreen.net.
What are the system requirements?
You can watch on PCs running Windows 7+, and Intel-based Macs running OSX 10.12+. You can also watch on Android tablets and phones using Chrome, and on iPhones and iPads using Safari. You can, of course, plug your laptop or tablet into your television using an HDMI cable. You will need a broadband or fibre internet connection: dial up will not work.
The full system requirements are listed in the FAQ on the watch.yourscreen.net site.
Help will be available by sending an email to email@example.com.
Click the link above for detailed instructions on how to work through the streaming process.