The committee has some opportunities. None take a huge amount of time. Just access to a computer, confident using email and around 2-3 hours per month. During absences, full cover will be provided and this isn’t a job for life!
- Membership Secretary – Process new membership applications; Handle membership renewal.
- Society Secretary – Attend main committee meetings which are usually 3/4 times a year as the society secretary. This role can easily be combined with Membership Secretary.
- Front of House Organiser – Overall responsibility for front of house (FOH) arrangements. Typically done by email. Not essential to attend each screening.
Alternatively if one of the other committee positions such as website manager or marketing and publicity might be of more interest, we would love to talk to you. Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or speak to one of the committee at a screening.
In general, volunteers are needed to help with:
- Front of House – Two people to bring along the glasses, wine, soft drinks and nibbles, take them home afterwards and clean as necessary. Two people to help on the night either on the bar or the check-in desk. All front of house helpers benefit from a free seat to see the film. Arrive time is 6.45pm. There is a rota so you can select dates that suit you.
- Main Committee – Each committee member has a specific role which means no-one has too much to do. Typically we meet around 3/4 times a year. We would welcome some new faces and ideas.
- Programme Committee – Selects films for the 6-monthly programme. We need people who are interested in film and happy to search out films others might like. Typically we meet 8 times a year.